I spent my year learning new things, reading about knitting, daydreaming about knitting and yes, actually knitting. Granted, I didn't do a hell of a lot of blogging about knitting but I have not forgotten the address (see my resolutions below).
Normally I do not make New Years Resolutions. I am an honest and realistic person and resolutions just seem an attempt in vain. I am however going to make some knitting resolutions since I am still new to the craft and have much more to learn. Here goes...
New Knitting Year's Resolutions:
- Knit More: Yes, I need to knit more. If not for industriousness then for the mere idea of learning new things and improving on that which I already know.
- Design an Original Piece: I have yet to invent (or "unvent" as EZ would say), a knitted object. I have many ideas in my notebook, I just have to bring at least one of them to fruition.
- Learn to Spin: I understand this is a bit of an ambitious undertaking but I have my reasons (stay tuned, more to come...)
- Knit a Pullover: More specifically, a pullover for myself. I am not sure as to what (a lovely Fair Isle? A Gansey? A Hoodie?), all I know is that I want something warm, lovely and comfortable made by me for me. Is that egotistical?
- Knit Small Gifts Throughout the Year: This is not a promise that everybody I know will be getting knitted gifts but I would like to start a nice stack of "ready to gift" items that I knit throughout the year so they are handy when Christmas rolls around. I refuse to do any mad, last minute knitting (I have no shortage of Holiday stress), so if there's any hope of hand knits under the tree it would have to be done in advance.
Well, I think that is good enough to kick off the year, I don't want to get carried away. After all, as I stated before: knitting is my personal indulgence, I don't want to muck it up by making it seem like a chore. I suppose I also forgot to mention "blog more frequently", I have been a bit lax in that area.
All the best to all of you in this coming year!